What do I need to know before visiting the museum?
We hope you will find a visit to Vent Haven Museum to be an enjoyable one. In order to maximize your enjoyment of the museum, please keep the following in mind:
- The museum is open by appointment with the exception of announced events. Three days advanced notice is suggested in order to schedule a tour. Please be aware that even then some tour times may not be available. The museum is not open on holidays.
- The museum does not have public restrooms and has only limited handicapped accessibility.
- Video and NON-flash photography is allowed during tours. No flash photography please. Filming or photography for any other use must be approved in advance by the Vent Haven Museum Board of Directors.
- Vent Haven has one puppet that visitors may handle to try their hand at ventriloquism, but the remainder of the exhibits are not for handling. Parents may want to consider if children under seven are old enough to enjoy the stories of the many figures.
- With the exception of announced special events, all tours are guided and last approximately 45 to 90 minutes, depending on the interest of the visitor.
- While the history and mechanics of ventriloquism are covered, the tour does not include a performance by a ventriloquist. To see a ventriloquist perform, plan on attending the museum’s annual fundraiser show Double Talk. To find out more, CLICK HERE.